Friday, March 11, 2011

cleaning house musical medley

I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record!
Oh, yeah? Well, don't get so distressed
Did I happen to mention that I'm impressed?
A yellow-headed woman
Brings you nothin' but pain
Take all you give her
She leaves only shame
Flowers on the hillside blooming crazy
Crickets talking back and forth in rhyme
Blue river running slow and lazy
I could stay with you forever and never realize the time
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye
Will you think of times you've told me
That you knew the reason
Why we had to each be lonely
It was just the season
If you're in Heaven then you'll forgive me, dear
Because that's what they do up there
If you're in Hell, then what can I say
You probably deserved it anyway
Get the kids and bring a sweater
Dry is good and wind is better
Count the years, you always knew it
Strike a match, go on and do it
Walk with me now under the stars
It's a safe and easy pleasure
It seems we can be happy now
It's late but it ain't never

No comments: